- If we do not find anything very pleasant, at least we shall find something new.
- It is not sufficient to see and to know the beauty of a work. We must feel and be affected by it.
- I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
(topic: censorship and free speech)
- Divorce is probably of nearly the same date as marriage. I believe, however, that marriage is some weeks the more ancient.
- Friendship is the marriage of the soul, and this marriage is liable to divorce.
- Love has features which pierce all hearts, he wears a bandage which conceals the faults of those beloved. He has wings, he comes quickly and flies away the same.
- One day everything will be well, that is our hope.
Everything's fine today, that is our illusion.