- We praise a man who feels angry on the right grounds and against the right persons and also in the right manner at the right moment and for the right length of time.
- The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet.
- My best friend is the man who in wishing me well wishes it for my sake.
- Friendship is a single soul dwelling in two bodies.
- Different men seek after happiness in different ways and by different means, and so make for themselves different modes of life and forms of government.
- Happiness depends upon ourselves.
- Hope is a waking dream.
- No one would choose a friendless existence on condition of having all the other things in the world.